July 28, 2008

Meme time

I've been lax about following up on being double tagged for a meme. Speedbump Kitchen and The Allergic Kid both got me and I've been a bad girl and haven't responded.

What can I say? The weather here has been fantastic! My herbs are growing like crazy and so are the zucchini, green beans and tomatoes. However, my cucumbers are just not cooperating. I have plenty of flowers (see the image to the left) and the bumblebees love them but not a single cucumber has formed!? Luckily, I have my father-in-law to trade with. His zucchini aren't producing but he has a ton of cucumbers. He also let me have all of his rhubarb and I made a big batch of compote and dried some for an experiment. I'm thinking of trying out this rhubarb cupcake recipe that uses compote and trying a different spice combination. But back to the meme...

The Rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the person who tagged you know when your entry is up.

My Random:
1. When I was a kid most people called me Margi (no e) and that's how I learned to spell my name.
2. When I grow lettuce I never pick enough and it all goes to seed. I really think lettuce flowers are pretty.
3. I was a vegetarian for over 7 years and the food that broke my resolve was beef jerky.
4. I have a BS in Ecology.
5. I couldn't eat cooked carrots while I was pregnant.
6. I love going grocery shopping when I'm on vacation. I hunt down local health food stores, co-ops and markets like other people look for museums and theme parks.

The Newly Tagged:
Tinker at Tinker Culture
Mary at Recipes to Eat
Bill of House Husband's Home Cooking
Kim at My plate, my world
Karale at What Josh and Karale Ate
Susan at the Vegetarianist