March 11, 2009

Double Michigan Cherry Upside Down Cake

This is my submission for the BloggerAid cookbook. The BloggerAid group consists of food bloggers from around the world looking for a way to help solve world hunger. Since I'm moving to the cherry capital I made a super moist upside down cake with two kinds of sour cherries. If you'd like to see the recipe, the cookbook should be available by the end of this year with all profits from the sale going directly to World Food Program's School Meals.

If you'd like to submit a recipe here's more information, the current deadline is March 31st.

Here are some other bloggers that have previews of their cookbook recipes:
Pig Pig's Corner
A2EatWrite
The Leftover Queen
Souvlaki for the Soul
Cherrapeno
Cajun Chef Ryan
My Easy Cooking
Abbie danced with joy over the beautiful sun today.*
*Ok not really, I teased her with a cat toy but I'm sure happy spring is on the way.

24 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Gorgeous cake and cute Abbie!!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

A dancing cat, so cute! You're do lucky to have cherries already! Lovely pie, I'd have a slice right now actually!

doggybloggy said...

wow, the cherries look so good and the cake so moist with those juices I can imagine how tasty it is....

Marianne said...

Awww, kitty! And the cake looks great too :D

Sara said...

That cake is just beautiful! I can't wait for cherry season. The cat is cute too :)

jodye said...

Your cake is gorgeous, I can only imagine how amazing those sour cherries taste!

5 Star Foodie said...

Gorgeous cake!

Nila Rosa said...

That looks so good! I'm going to submit my recipe this weekend.

Heather said...

mmmmm. that sounds delicious! cherries are one of my favorite fruits to bake with :) great recipe entry!!

DJ Karma said...

Aw, Abbie! What a ham!

Nina Timm said...

When this book becomes available, I'll page through to the dessert section first to look for this delightful recipe!! Lovely color!!

shellyfish said...

Abbie is so cute!!!!!!

Cherry festival! Oh Michigan cherries, there are nothing like them anywhere else, it's true.

How wonderful you're participating in such a great cause!

lisaiscooking said...

Your cake looks amazing! Can't wait to see the book.

Donna-FFW said...

Maggie- This looks beautiful. Excellent recipe. It sounds absolutely delicious! I can not wait for this book!

stephchows said...

Your cake looks fantastic!! I am such a fan of cherry anything. Delicious!

Sweetie Pie said...

That cake looks amazing! I wish I had a piece right now!!

I'm so glad you included a picture of Abbie. What a pretty girl!

jillian said...

Beautiful cake! I love sour cherries

Ana said...

The cake looks great!!!!! and Abbie is beautiful.

Culinary Cory said...

I grew up in the Traverse City area. It's a beautiful area in the summer time.

farida said...

Lovely looking cake. Cherries in the cake must be delicious!

Jude said...

The cake looks amazing... can't wait to check out the cookbook!

The Food Librarian said...

what a great cake! it looks just beautiful!!!

Kevin said...

That cherry cake looks so good!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant site, I had not noticed doghillkitchen.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Keep up the wonderful work!